My College Football Picks For This Weekend

By Colin Dixon, September 11th 2019
Picture Via @TarHeelFootball Twitter

I was hoping to start this at the beginning of the season but I did not have time with school, work and other things. But here is what will be the first week of college football picks and I hope I can release this every Wednesday. I will do my top 10 best bets of the week. I will highlight my picks in yellow.

Week Three College Football

Game One: North Carolina @ Wake Forest -3.0
I really like the under dog in this game and I am going with the North Carolina Tar Heels in this game. Under coach Mac Brown the Tar Heels have defeated two "top" level schools in South Carolina and Miami. On the other side Wake Forest had played two lower level teams and have given up an average of 28 points a game. My guess is the Tar Heels play another thriller and win 34-31 on the road.

Game Two: Kansas @ Boston College -21.0
This one is plain and simple, Boston College is averaging 40 points a game versus decent competition while Kansas has scored a total of 31 points in its first two games. Boston College has the dynamic duo of Running Back AJ Dillon and Quarterback Anthony Brown and they are going to obliterate the Kansas Jayhawks and win 45-6.

Game Three: Eastern Michigan @ Illinois -7.5
Illinois is still a bottom tier team in the BIG 10 but they have gotten off to a quick start at 2-0. Defense has only allowed an average of 13 points per game and their offense has looked solid too. Eastern Michigan is always a competitive team when they play power 5 schools. I think the Illini lead by coach Lovie Smith do win the game but Eastern Michigan will keep it within the 8 points you need to win the bet. I think Illinois wins 27-24 but Eastern Michigan will cover.

Game Four: Maryland (21) -7.5 @ Temple O/U:66.5
Maryland haas shocked the whole world with their incredible offensive outbursts where they scored 79 and 63 respectively. Temple has only played once and will have home field advantage over the Terrapins but I do not see a way that the Owls can stop Maryland from rolling to another huge victory. I am double dipping in this game and I will take Maryland -7.5 and I am taking the Over cause I think the game will be 52-24

Game Five: Stanford @ Central Florida (17) -8.0
Stanford lost QB KJ Costello for last game and then they lost by a huge deficit to USC and now its UCF's turn to dominate the Cardinal. The Golden Knights will win this game easily 40-10

Game Six: Army -17.0 @ UTSA
Army blew a lead against Michigan and will be looking to bounce back against a UTSA squad who gave up 63 in their last game to Baylor. Army comes back in a huge way and they will win 49-16 in a very lopsided game in San Antonio.

Game Seven: USC (24) -4.0 @ BYU
USC has a backup QB Kedon Slovis starting this game in his second start ever for the Trojans and after dismantling Stanford last week 45-20. The Trojans will look to exploit a BYU team who barely beat a struggling Tennessee team last week and the Trojans will go in to Provo and beat BYU 24-13.

Game Eight: Buffalo -6.0 @ Liberty
This game I do not know much about except that Liberty is 0-2 and their coach Hugh Freeze is an absolute football guy who coached their week 1 game from a hospital bed. He was sick and I think he will be back on the sideline this week and I see Liberty going out there and finally finding a way into the win column. Liberty wins outright 14-10.

Game Nine: Hawaii @ Washington O/U 59.0
This game I do not want to pick a winner because Hawaii has won 2 straight this season against Pac 12 schools and UW is coming off a huge upset loss against Cal. But what I do know is both offenses are lethal and can put up s ton of points there for I am taking the Over at 59 and I am guessing this game will end with both teams in the 30s.

Game 10: NIU @ Nebraska -14.0
Nebraska went into playing University of Colorado with all the hype and were even living up to the hype in this game but eventually choked and lost in overtime after missing a game tying field goal. No doubt Nebraska is on the right track but they are no where close to where Scott Frost wants them to be at. This game is a major bounce back game for the Cornhuskers and I think they win in blowout fashion for a stadium that without a doubt will be packed.

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19