College Football Week 10 Picks

By Colin Dixon, October 30th 2019
Picture Via @OregonFootball Twitter

Welp last week was a tough one and I went .500. To start Oklahoma did not just fail to cover but they lost as well, UCLA smacked ASU, LSU was close to covering all game and then they could not hold on to it, SMU did not cover but we will get to them later, and last but not least I called out Rutgers for being awful and then they won... That is okay cause 5-5 is not a losing record. Anyways this week has a much better slate and I am very excited. Here are my top 10 picks of this week:

GAME 1: Georgia Southern +15.5 @ #20 Appalachian State
Well last time I had no idea where App State was even located but either way they are still located in the Top 25 and are still unbeaten. This will be some fun Halloween football and I am excited for it. I do not see anyone in the Sun Belt beating them even though it is spooky season. App State is legit and they will even have a chance at a New Years 6 bowl, but before we get ahead of ourselves App State scored 41 points a game and they give up just under 20. This line of 15.5 screams at me App State but Georgia Southern can score some points too. Either way I am sticking with my gut.
MY PICK: APP STATE -15.5 

GAME 2: #8 Georgia -6.5 @ #6 Florida (Neutral Site)
This game is always played at a neutral site and this is easily one of the bigger rivalries in all of college football but I do not see this game being as good as it everyone is hyping up. Each and every year two of the top defenses are on display but Georgia has not looked good to me this year. On the other hand I doubted Florida for so long but I have moved to the other side and I have grown to love them. Florida is the highest ranked 1 loss team and Georgia will face a real test coming up this week. The last two weeks for the Dawgs have been tough and I see them continuing that struggle this weekend.
MY PICK: GATOR NATION +6.5  

GAME 3: Rutgers +20.5 @ Illinois
So Rutgers actually went out and played a solid game last weekend but they in no way have matched the "greatness" that is taking place up in Littyville as the Illinois football team likes to call themselves. Illinois is coming off two huge wins and they are looking like they can continue to smack around some more football teams right now. Rutgers will straight up not match the level that Illinois is on and I know that will run out but not this weekend.
MY PICK: LITTYVILLE -20.5 

GAME 4: UAB +12.5 @ Tennessee
Well, last weekend I put out a last second bet on Tennessee and they were left out of my top 10 picks and they hit so this time I will not leave them out. Tennessee started off their year looking awful but they have since found themselves and have started to look a lot better. The Vols are 4-4 against the spread this year and UAB is no walk in the park but I see the Vols grabbing another big win at home this week. UAB is 6-1 but they have no competed against anyone the level of the Vols or even anyone in the SEC.
MY PICK: ROCKY TOP -12.5

GAME 5: #15 SMU +6.5 @ #24 Memphis
This is a great matchup and both teams are the at the top of the American Conference. The Stangs are still undefeated and have looked flawless but this game will be their biggest test yet and it will be on the road. Memphis has been at the top of the American for quite some time now but they finally have the chance to grab the throne in this game on Saturday. When I saw this line I jumped on it right away and while writing this I have found some doubt but if were being honest all that doubt will go away and I will continue to rock with the SMU Mustangs. I cannot wait to watch this game because it will be a close one and the Stangs are dawgs so this bet makes too much sense.
MY PICK: STANG GANG +6.5

GAME 6: Wofford +47.0 @ #4 Clemson
I assume a majority of the people reading this have heard the news that I will be attending Clemson in January and to celebrate that great news that I got on Monday we are going all in on this outrageous line. Enough said.
MY PICK: MY TIGERS -47.0

GAME 7: Virginia +2.0 @ North Carolina
So whoever wins this game will most likely play Clemson in the ACC Championship so this game means a lot to college football but myself as well. Anyways for those of you who read this regularly you know that I have never won a bet for Virginia but I have won every single one against them. Knock on wood for me after I say that. Anyways North Carolina just came off an emotional win against rival Duke and Virginia lost again. This one was easy for me.
MY PICK: CAROLINA BLUE -2.0 

GAME 8: Colorado +6.5 @ UCLA
Okay yes I have doubted the Bruins a lot and all of that but hey I am here to move past that and learn from my failures. I will get right to it the Bruins and young Qb DTR are not as bad as we thought and they have looked very good of late. I just hope that with all the hype they now have they do not fail everyone that has hopped on the train. Colorado has not shown me anything special and they have not stopped any sort of offense that has been dynamic. With that being said were changing my ways I am I riding the bruins.
MY PICK: 8 CLAP -6.5

GAME 9: #7 Oregon -4.5 @ USC
To start Oregon has a great defense that was tested a lot last weekend against Washington State but USC does not have an offense even close to that. USC came from behind last Friday and beat Colorado and based off what I just said about Colorado my pick should be obvious. Anyways if it is not, Oregon is dynamic and even has a shot to make a playoff run in the next couple weeks depending on what takes place at the top of the rankings in the next few weeks.
MY PICK: QUACK QUACK -4.5 

GAME 10: Fresno State vs Hawaii O/U 69.5
My over/under pick comes with my last pick of the week and everyone here knows I love my overs and no shock another one is coming this way. A pro betting tip would tell you do not bet against Hawaii when they are on the islands and that is exactly what we are not going to do here but we wont bet against the Bulldogs of Fresno State because their record does not speak to who they truly are. Anyways both teams score 30+ a week and on top of that they both give up 30+ so that means this game will be completely offensive and I will need at least one of these teams to break 40 and I think that is very likely.
MY PICK: SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW 69.5 

Week 10 will be lots of fun and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I will. This slate is filled with many meaningful games and it'll be fun to see them all play out. With that being said
Go Tigers and let's pray all my bets hit haha.

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19