College Football Week 8 Picks (6th Set)

By Colin Dixon, October 16th 2019
Picture Via @GatorFB

Welp last week was a great week to start where I was 5-1 in my first 6 games, but from there it all dropped off. I went 6-4 in total last week with a couple big wins and then a couple brutal losses. Clemson covered easily but Oregon State got obliterated. An again Virginia decided to fail me and I vow to never bet on Virginia again in my life. Anyways here is to an exciting week 8 and here are my picks:

GAME 1: UCLA +7.0 @ Stanford
A little Thursday Night College Football for the soul in this matchup, and honestly this game should be an easy bet. UCLA is coming off a bye and before that a brutal loss to Oregon State 2 weeks ago where on the other side Stanford is off a bye too but they just upset Washington. Stanford sits at 3-3 and UCLA is 1-5 and this matchup may look like it could be a good game, but Stanford will win by more than 7 and maybe even 20.
MY PICK: STANFORD -7.0

GAME 2: #9 Florida -5.0 @ South Carolina
Well Florida just suffered their first loss of the season to LSU by 14 and honestly that seems like a lot but that game was much closer than the score says. For the Gamecocks they just upset Georgia and they are riding high right now. South Carolina is coming in to this game looking for back to back top 10 upsets, but will that happen? Nope. Florida is going to go into Columbia and win this game. Florida is back and they are a really good team. South Carolina had a fluke win last week and unless they pull this one off they are not a real team. (This may be biased cause they are Clemsons rival haha) Either way my bias does not matter cause Florida wins this game by more than 5.
MY PICK: GATORS -5.0

GAME 3: Purdue +18.0 @ #23 Iowa
Both these teams are known for upsetting big opponents in the BIG 10 but none of them have been able to pull off that big upset yet this year. Purdue started the year losing to Nevada Reno... that is so bad like how do you do that. Anyways they have found a stride on offense finally and they just put up 40 points on Maryland. Iowa on the other hand has lost 2 games in a row. I think the Hawkeyes will win this game but this spread seems way too large for me to not bet on the Boiler Makers.
MY PICK: PURDUE IT +18

GAME 4: Oregon State +10.5 @ Cal
Yes, Oregon State is back on the betting slip for this week. This time and the first time ever they are on the other side of the pick em. This game is in Berkley and Oregon State tends to struggle there. I think this will actually be a good game but the Golden Bears will win this one by more than 10.5. Oregon State listen to me, you cannot lose 52-0 and think I will tolerate that.
MY PICK: ROLL ON YOU BEARS -10.5 

GAME 5: #12 Oregon -3 @ #25 Washington
Whoa another Pac 12 game on the bet slip that is wild. But these games are intriguing and this one stuck out so much to me. This game is only at -3 for Oregon cause its at Washington but if it was in Eugene the spread would be like -13.5 in my mind. Washington just won big in Arizona when they beat the Wildcats 51-27 but this Oregon defense that they are about to play only allows 8.7 points per game. I saw Washington play in person a couple weeks ago and man did they look awful and although I have not seen Oregon play in person this year they look great. The Ducks only loss this year was week 1 against Auburn, and ever since then they have been flawless. 3 points is so little its too easy for me to pick this game and Oregon is too good to be 3 point favorites and its gonna be a big victory for them.
MY PICK: WHAT THE DUCK -3.0

GAME 6: UL Monroe +14.5 @ #24 Appalachian State
So I am sitting here writing this and I have zero idea what state Appalachian State is in but what I do know is that they are undefeated and they put up 41 points a game. I will not go too much in depth on this game besides that everything I know about App State is that they win football games and they win big. App State beat North Carolina and that is huge for me liking this pick. I may not know much about this game or these teams but I am confident in my pick this week.
MY PICK: THE TEAM THAT I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE FROM (its North Carolina I guess) +14.5

GAME 7: #16 Michigan +9.0 @ #7 Penn State
Okay I have teetered and tattered on this game so much and I normally would not bet on games like that but then I realized something. It is the white-out game at Penn State and I know my Penn State fans who read this know how big that is. White-out game means Penn State will make a statement and they will show the world who We Are is. Michigan worries me a lot and especially against a defense who gives up 8.2 points a game and Penn State just does not worry me at all.
MY PICK: WE ARE -9.0

GAME 8: Florida State +2.5 @ Wake Forest
Wake Forest started to look legit and get some hype going in to last week but then they failed everyone including myself and they lost to Louisville who in fact Florida State beat. Anyways both these teams are coming off loses one was closer than the other and Florida State was just flat out embarrassed. That embarrassment will be lost this week though, Wake Forest I wanted you to be good because it would help Clemson but you lost my trust there fore were going the other way.
MY PICK: SEMINOLES +2.5

GAME 9: Temple +7.5 @ #19 SMU
SMU is good and Sonny Dykes has the Mustangs looking really good, but what has been the kryptonite for teams who are on a roll? The Temple Owls. Temple beat ranked Maryland and ranked Memphis which forced both of these teams to leave the rankings. If Temple wins this week SMU will be unranked after this game no doubt. This game will be a really good one and I'm excited to watch but I am rolling with what I know. What I know is that the Owls beat ranked teams.
MY PICK: OWLS +7.5

GAME 10: Air Force @ Hawaii O/U 63.5
What is a week without me picking an Over/Under so here it is on my final pick. From my knowledge you never bet against Hawaii when you play them in the islands and that is why I won't be picking the spread in this one. The facts are both these teams score 34+ a game and they both give up 23+ a game which screams to me OVER. Hawaii knows how to score and so does Air Force so I gotta ride over.
MY PICK: LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BET THE UNDER... OVER 63.5 

Well this was another week of me giving the people what they need... and what they need is my picks. Although I haven't been great yet there is a lot of great to come. This week kinda sucked with the games to bet on but I hope ya'll enjoyed my picks and crossing my fingers we have a great week.

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19