College Football Week 9 Picks

By Colin Dixon, October 23rd 2019
Picture Via @SMU_Football Twitter

As we move into another week of college football I have now gone two weeks in a row with a 6-4 record on my picks of the week. My four losses come from a meltdown from Stanford on Thursday Night, a crazy and awesome win by the Beavers (how come the one week I pick against them they do well but when I bet on them they lose), a big victory by SMU who I thought would be tested by Temple and then a solid game by Penn State who was covering all game until late in the 4th quarter. It was a fun weekend none the less and we will look to have another solid week of betting. Here are my week 9 set 7 picks:

GAME 1: #16 SMU -14.0 @ Houston
Well, last week I thought the high powered Mustangs would slow down and they proved me wrong and when I look at the opponent they face this week I do not see any signs of them slowing down this time. The Mustangs are loving their transfer quarterback Shane Buchelle where on the other side the Houston Cougars are without their prolific quarterback in D'Eriq King who is sitting out the rest of the year.  SMU is 6-1 this year against the spread and I think this will be another win for the Mustangs in both aspects of the game and the spread.
MY PICK: MUSTANGS -14.0

GAME 2: #5 Oklahoma -23.5 @ Kansas State
Kansas State started this year off undefeated and then fell off, but last week they found themselves back in the win column and are trying to take that winning mentality into this weeks game against the high flying Oklahoma Sooners. The Sooners always have a prolific offense on display but this year they have added a prolific defense that has been one of the best in the country. They have only allowed 19.4 points a game which is drastically better than the past years for the Sooners. I think Kansas state is not legit and I know the Sooners are and I think Jalen Hurts will continue to play well and the Sooners take care of business.
MY PICK: BOOMER SOONER -23.5

GAME 3: #20 Iowa -10.0 @Northwestern
If I am an Iowa fan this line is out right disrespectful because you are 5-2 and your only losses have been close games to legit opponents. Northwestern is 1-5 and they have not found any sort of stride especially after getting blasted by THE Ohio State Buckeyes 52-3 last week. Iowa may be on the road and they might not score a ton of points but Northwestern is not good and will not present any challenges for the Hawkeyes.
MY PICK: HAWKEYES -10.0 

GAME 4: Liberty -7.0 @ Rutgers
Okay well I have talked about Liberty before and how their Coach Hugh Freeze coached from a hospital bed week 1 and has been battling a sickness all year but now that he is better Liberty has continued to play for him and they are 5-2 to date. On the other side Rutgers is an utter disappointment and it is not because they were expected to be good but they continue to suck so so so so bad. Two weeks ago the Rutgers quarterback threw for a total of 1 yard on 13 attempts, and last week he threw for 48 yards and 3 interceptions. Rutgers is garbage and you should always bet against them as they are 1-6 against the spread this year.
MY PICK: LIBERTY FLAMIN HOT FLAMES (Their mascot is the Flames)

GAME 5: #9 Auburn +11 @ #2 LSU
If we are being honest I think LSU is the number 1 team in the nation and they have done everything to prove just that. This is the battle of the Tigers in this matchup but one Tiger team has been amazing on offense where the other has been shaky to say the least. Bo Nix has another tough road test to add to his freshman campaign and Auburn will need him to play like he never has before to take down LSU. The LSU Tigers have always been known for their defense but this year they have been AMAZING on offense led by Heisman candidate Joe Burrow and because of him the Tigers have a legit shot at claiming a College Football Playoff Championship. Either way we got the Tigers vs the Tigers and I can assure you that the Tigers will win this game.
MY PICK: GEUX BAYOU BENGALS 

GAME 6: #6 Penn State -6.5 @ Michigan State
Yes Penn State is back on my betting slip and I am hammering them again. When I actually bet on them they are 2-2 for but they are 4-3 against the spread so far this season. That may be alarming to some but the line is 6.5... how the hell is this 6.5 Michigan State is not good and Penn State is stellar on offense and defense. I have already said enough to continue.
MY PICK: WE ARE PENN STATE -6.5 

GAME 7: #15 Texas @ TCU O/U 59.5
So last week Texas barely beat Kansas 50-48 because Dicker the Kicker won them the game as time ran out. That performance scared me a tad as someone who likes to bet on Texas... so that leads to me betting the over/under because I may not know if they survive the Horned Frogs or how much they win by but I know they will score 40+ points and probably give up 20+ points as well, therefore I am riding the way I normally roll when I talk about over/under's.
MY PICK: IT'S OVER FOR YALL 

GAME 8: Virginia -3.5 @ Louisville
I have picked favorites in every game so far and if you remember how much I dislike Virginia you already know who I am picking in this one and that is the underdog the Louisville Cardinals. I watched the Cards play last week as they played Clemson and I saw a lot of bright spots all around and even though they lost and it was by a decent amount, I still like them over the Cavaliers this weekend. I have watched both play now and I am confident in my abilities to pick this game correctly.
MY PICK: CARDS +3.5 

GAME 9: #24 Arizona State -3.5 @ UCLA
Okay last week was a fluke everybody UCLA is not that good and apparently neither is Stanford. The Pac-12 is just confusing and I am lost on who is actually good in that conference besides Oregon. Arizona State was one of those teams that I did not trust and then they gained my trust and then blew it again last week but UCLA is not legit. UCLA looked really good on offense with DTR (Dorian Thompson-Robinson) running the plays at quarterback when they faced off against Stanford. DTR finally makes Chip Kelly look like he can run an offense again but ASU is just too much on defense for the Bruins to handle. This one was tough but the line is 3.5.
MY PICK: FORKS UP -3.5

GAME 10: Eastern Michigan +3.5 @ Toledo
Every week I like to pick group of 5 games that I may know anything about either team so here is that game. Both of these teams won a lot to start the year but they have both lost two games in the last 3 weeks. Toledo is the favorite and they have a prolific offense and will be facing a defense that gives up 31.3 points a game but Eastern Michigan has proved that they can have a good offense too.  I think this game has the makings of a shootout but it will stay close the whole time. 3.5 has been the spread in multiple games this week so why not this game too. This one was a toss up but we are going for it.
MY PICK: EASTERN MICHIGAN +3.5

Thank you for reading my picks for week 9 of college football, I cannot believe that we are already at week 9. This week has a couple big exciting games between Wisconsin and Ohio State and Notre Dame and Michigan but both those games were tough to pick especially since Notre Dame and Michigan have an even line. Anyways I am excited for a fun weekend of football and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do!

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19