Week 6 College Football Picks (My 4th Set of Picks)

By Colin Dixon, October 2nd 2019
So last week sucked. I truly thought I would be better. I was actually worse than last week. I went    3-7 and it does not feel great. So with that being said I am going to just jump right in and try my best to give you solid betting advice. So here we go:

GAME 1: Utah State +27.5 @ #5 LSU
LSU continues to be a great team led by QB Joe Burrow and they continue to turn heads all around college football. The Tigers are 4-0 and they have a 3-1 Utah State Aggies heading into Baton Rouge this weekend hoping to knock off the 5th ranked Tigers. This spread is a lot higher than I expected, and I am in no way doubting LSU's talent or that they will win this game but the Aggies have a great team and they will go in and keep the game within 4 touchdowns. It is so hard to win by 28 in football and I just do not see the tigers winning by more than 27.5 this weekend.
MY PICK: UTAH STATE +27.5

GAME 2: Purdue +28 @ #12 Penn State
Well this game is incredibly similar to the last game I talked about and it brings up a nearly identical spread. I will be leaning the other way in this game. Purdue is 1-3 and they have looked awful while on the other side Penn State looks amazing. James Franklin has the Nittany Lions averaging 50 points a game while only allowing 7.5. This game will be a blowout and Penn State will be at home for their fans to enjoy.
MY PICK: PENN STATE -28.0 

GAME 3: Maryland -13.5 @ Rutgers
So Maryland just lost 59-0 last week and it was just a couple weeks ago that they were the ones putting up 50+ on their opponents, and what was the difference? It was the defense of their opponents. But this week they face a Rutgers defense who allows about 33 points a game while their offense only averages 16 points a game. This is great for Maryland and although I have gone all in on the Terrapins and they failed me I think this game is a no brainer since Rutgers continues to suck.
MY PICK: MARYLAND -13.5

GAME 4: Tulane @ Army O/U 44.5
So this game was tough to pick a winner but I looked at it and both offenses are very dynamic and they know how to score tons of points. A 24-21 victory on any side would hit the over and that seems SOOOO doable for both these teams. I mean both teams average just around 30 or more a game.
MY PICK: OVER 44.5 

GAME 5: #7 Auburn -3.0 @ #10 Florida
This spread shocked me and I really think it is only because Bo Nix is a true freshman QB going into a hostile environment. But honestly he handled Texas A&M with ease and I think he will do that again this weekend in "The Swamp." Florida continues to be good but only as good as good can be, they are not great and they are not amazing. Florida's backup QB will be getting another start since Felipe Franks is out for the year and this will be his first big game and he'll be facing one of the best D-Line's in all of America.
MY PICK: AUBURN -3.0 

GAME 6: #11 Texas -10.5 @ West Virginia
Well, West Virginia is 3-1 so far and honestly they were expected to be 2-2 or 1-3 to start this year but if you look at who they played it is nothing impressive. Texas is a great team and their only loss comes from #5 LSU. Sam Ellingher continues to compete for the heisman trophy by leading his offense to around 41 points a game. West Virginia is 3-1 but somehow they average more points scored against than points scored. That stat scores me and that why I am going with the Longhorns.
MY PICK: HOOK 'EM -10.5 

GAME 7: Illinois +14 @ Minnesota
Minnesota is 4-0 and the schedule they played was not tough at all. The biggest difference in a game was by 7 points and it was against an awful Purdue and a FCS South Dakota State. Everything else was close and this Illinois team will come in on the road and test you and may even beat you. They are 2-2 and have lost two very close games at home. This will only be their second road game of 2019 but the Illini will be ready to compete against the Golden Gophers and give them a run for their money.
MY PICK: ILLINOIS +14

GAME 8: #3 Georgia -25.0 @ Tennessee
This game may be in Knoxville and the crowd may be filled with the Orange and White but Georgia will go in there and make it their home. I do not need to talk much about this game besides that Tennessee is awful and Georgia is great.
MY PICK: GEORGIA -25.0 

GAME 9: #25 Michigan State +20.0 @ #4 Ohio State
This is one of the better matchups of the weekend with it being a ranked matchup but honestly the talent level on both sides are SO different. Ohio State has heisman contender Justin Fields running the show and he has been incredible. He has 23 total touchdowns and one turnover. Michigan State will need to force turnovers to even make this game close but Mr. Fields just does not do that and that is why Ohio State will show the world why they can compete for a Natty this year.
MY PICK: OHIO STATE -20.0 

GAME 10: Oregon State vs UCLA O/U 65
Well last week I went with Oregon State and they covered the spread but lost the money line (which I put my actual money on) but I told ya'll to bet the spread. Anyways both these teams have Zero defense and I have no idea who will win this game but all I have to say is this could have a similar outcome to the UCLA vs Washington State game. I do not see both teams putting up 60+ by them selves but both these teams will combine for 65 easily.
MY PICK: OVER 65

Well, that was another set of picks by yours truly. I am actually betting on some of these games but not all of them. I hope to become an expert on this one day and this is only the beginning so bear with me. Thanks Ya'll!

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19