Week 7 College Football Picks (5th Set)

By Colin Dixon, October 9th 2019
Welp last week I ended up over .500 on my picks. I went 5-3-2 with the two pushes of Penn State and Texas but we will take that. Now if those two did not push and scored 1 more point each I would be sitting at 7-3 but that will come soon enough (hopefully). Now we will be getting into week 7 with a bunch of big games that I am excited about! My week 7 picks:

GAME 1: #20 Virginia +2 @ Miami
Welp I have constantly bagged on Virginia ever since they lost me $10 a couple weeks back and since I have won both bets against them but this week is different. Virginia is traveling down to Miami to play the hurricanes who are 2-3 and are coming off a tough loss where they almost came back from down 28-0. Anyways, this game will be different for the Hurricanes as they will be without their starting Quarterback Jarren Williams which forces N'Kosi Perry to start. Both these teams are almost identical when looking at average points and points given up as both are at 32 and 23 respectively. Miami is not back and Virginia is ranked and has only lost to Notre Dame and with that being said I am going against my ways and picking Virginia to get the "upset."
MY PICK: VIRGINIA +2

GAME 2: #6 Oklahoma -10.5 @ #11 Texas (Neutral Site)
Welp this is one of my favorite rivalry games every single year and I watch it as if it means everything to me even though it truly means nothing. As a kid I always rooted for Texas and I hold onto that sometimes when watching the Longhorns play now but I have recently fell in love with the way Lincoln Riley runs the offense at Oklahoma. As well, I have always enjoyed the way Jalen Hurts plays football so overall this game is going to be super fun to watch. You will not see much defense but both offenses will be firing on all cylinders. Both quarterbacks are Heisman hopefuls including my bet Jalen Hurts. This will be an all out battle as it usually is and I cannot wait to watch ad you all can probably tell. But with that being said I do not think the winner will win by 10 no matter who wins. The good ol' Old River Rivalry game will be close and maybe even come down to a field goal like last year.
MY PICK: HOOK 'EM HORNS +10.5

GAME 3: Florida State +27 @ #2 Clemson
Okay, there is not much to say besides do ya'll really think I am going to pick against the Tigers. They are my team (praying they are my future school) and they have gotten off to a slow start but they are coming off a bye week and the offense will get into the groove they are looking for and try and blow out the Seminoles. Florida State has found a spark in Alex Hornibrook the transfer from Wisconsin but for some odd reason they will not be starting him and starting James Blackman at quarterback this Saturday. Even with that going on my pick still remains the same.
MY PICK: C-L-E-M-S-O-N -27.0 

GAME 4: #1 Alabama -16.5 @ #24 Texas A&M
This will be Alabama's first true test of the season and they have definitely been firing on offense but the defense has not been amazing when playing other SEC teams. Alabama just reclaimed the #1 spot and the #2 Clemson Tigers beat A&M by 14. Alabama has easily looked better than the Tigers (sadly but I am not worried) and this is why I think Texas A&M has no shot. The Aggies are at home but Jimbo Fisher and his team have not proved much and honestly after this week they will find themselves out of the rankings.
MY PICK: ALABAMA -16.5 

GAME 5: Michigan State +10.5 @ #8 Wisconsin
To start, I want to point out that Wisconsin is being carried by their Running Back Jonathan Taylor and after what he did last week and what he continues to do week in and week out I do not see the Spartans going into Madison and doing anything. In Wisconsin's five games they have held their opponent to ZERO points and this game could join the list.
MY PICK: WISCONSIN -10.5 

GAME 6: #25 Cincinnati -7.5 @ Houston
This one will need quick reasoning, and that reasoning is Cincinnati dismantled UCF last week and ended their marvelous run in the American conference and Houston is without their QB D'Eriq King who is sitting out the rest of the year to "regroup and get better." With that being said this pick was easy for me.
MY PICK: CINCY -7.5 

GAME 7: Texas Tech @ #22 Baylor O/U: 58
I have to throw in at least one over/under to this week and I will be looking at the Baylor vs Texas Teach game. Both teams average 30+ points a game and know how to score points. Neither have a dynamic defense and that is why the line is at 58. When writing this I had OVER cemented into my brain but after looking at the facts and second guessing myself were going the other way and for some odd reason both teams will play defense and this game will end up like 24-13 or something near that.
MY PICK: UNDER 58

GAME 8: #10 Penn State -3.5 @ #17 Iowa
Yes Penn State is back on my picks and it is because they are a good team and a great team to bet on minus them pushing last week. This game is going to be a good game and Iowa has proved they can compete against great programs in the BIG 10. Last week they went into Ann Arbor and tested Michigan and ended up losing 10-3. Michigan does not have the best defense but they are greatly coached similar to Penn State who has only allowed 7.4 points a game this year. This pick is not just for my family who roots for the Nittany Lions but this is also because they will win this game by more than 3.5 and it will be really fun to watch.
MY PICK: WE ARE -3.5 

GAME 9: Louisville +6.5 @ #19 Wake Forest
I will say little to none about this game besides that Wake is undefeated and Louisville will not compete with their high scoring offense. This game will stay close all game but the Demon Deacons will come out on top by more than a touchdown.
MY PICK: WAKE FOREST -6.5 

GAME 10: #15 Utah -14.0 @ Oregon State
Ya'll must be saying he likes Penn State cause they are good but why does he keep talking about Oregon State? Well, the Beavers are DAM GOOD. They may be 2-3 and have lost to teams who may not be the best in the nation but they keep getting better and are close to Pac-12 prominence in the future. They have the nations top rated wide receiver (based off every stat) in Isaiah Hodgins and the reigning Pac-12 player of the week in Jake Luton and do not forget Foothill Alum Daniel Rodriguez winning Pac-12 special team player of the week. The Beavers are back baby and I think they will win and they will easily cover 14.0. I will bet this game but I will not bet money line like last time cause that it too risky so I will go with the spread.
MY PICK: BUILD THE DAM +14.0 

So that was my 5th set of picks and I hope you enjoyed it and we will see how I did next week!

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19