College Football Week 11 Picks

By Colin Dixon, November 6th
Picture via @BeaverFootball Twitter

Well I got back into the positive winning ways with another week at 6-4 with a couple games coming down to line in my favor and not in my favor. Clemson started off hot but could not hold the cover, Appalachian State failed me and did not just not cover but they lost, a bet on Virginia actually hit but sadly I did not bet on them and I never will, and then in the big game Georgia went for 2 which helped them cover by .5 and I picked Florida. In my personal bets I had my worst weekend with both NFL and College and it made sit back and just want more to make my money back haha. Anyways week 11 is on the way and it'll be a fun weekend of football on the way, my picks are under:

GAME 1: Washington -10.0 @ Oregon State
Some more Friday night lights in the college football world and to be completely honest I have only been correct on one of my college bets that is not on a Saturday but I completely believe in this bet. Oregon State has been my team I love to bet on and the one weekend I bet against the Beavers they proved me wrong. The Beavs sit at 4-4 with the 5-4 Washington Huskies coming into town. The Huskies just suffered a tough home loss to Utah, but on the other side Oregon State is coming off another huge win where they scored 56 points. This will be a fun game to watch and I think Corvallis will be ready for a big home win and they will come out and challenge a UW team that has run in and out of Reser Stadium with victories over the past couple years. This all changes Friday Night.
MY PICK: BUILD THE DAM +10.0

GAME 2: Maryland +43.5 @ #1 Ohio State
Ohio State was just ranked number 1 yesterday by the College Football Playoff Committee and they will look to prove them right in a huge victory this coming Saturday. Maryland has no shot in this game and neither did they last year but somehow they barely lost at home. This year will be completely different, Maryland has been blasted when they play real teams and to be completely honest Ohio State has blasted everyone. 43.5 sounds like an unbelievable line for two Big 10 teams going at it but I trust the highly talented Buckeyes in this one.
MY PICK: BUCKEYE -43.5 

GAME 3: #4 Penn State -7.0 @ #17 Minnesota
This is an intriguing game and it is the biggest game of Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck's career and he needs to pull something crazy off this weekend. Both teams come into this game 8-0 and Penn State has gotten all the love with that new #4 ranking but the Gophers are still not trusted in the college football world hence the #17 ranking. I'm excited for this game to come and be played because it is big for both programs because Penn State needs to prove a little more while Minnesota has a lot to prove. This game will be played at Minnesota but no home field advantage will keep me away from loving to bet on the Nittany Lions. This'll be a great game... I can't wait to watch while at work.
MY PICK: WE ARE PENN STATE -7.0 

GAME 4: #12 Baylor -2.0 @ TCU
Baylor is the only undefeated team in the Big 12 and they continue to pull off close wins and find their way at the top of the Big 12. TCU has been a weird team where they lost to SMU but they beat Texas. The line is only -2 and Baylor has basically only won close games and I am here for them to continue to do that. This may be short but thats about it on this game.
MY PICK: BAYLOR BEARS -2.0 

GAME 5: Texas Tech -2.5 @ West Virginia
Welp, West Virginia started this year off 3-1 but since their 3rd victory they have lost 4 games in a row but 3 of those 4 were against ranked opponents. Texas Tech is also on a losing streak but only of 3 games, and they were all a lot closer than West Virginias games. Texas Tech seems like the viable option but West Virginia at home after 4 touch losses in a row screams at me to pick the Mountaineers. Both of these teams lost their great head coaches after last season and have not been able to regroup well. West Virginia regroups this weekend and snaps their streak.
MY PICK: COUNTRY ROADS +2.5 

GAME 6: Purdue +2.5 @ Northwestern
Okay, there will not be much said about this game besides that Northwestern sucks and are 1-7 and Purdue on the other side is not much better but they have at least won 3 games. Purdue Students are not allowed to bet on any of their schools sporting events (that was just passed by the school a couple weeks ago and I have no idea how the school monitors that) but anyways this pick is easy and it is for the Boilermaker students who want to hammer the 2.5 underdog.
MY PICK: BOILER MAKING ME MONEY +2.5 

GAME 7: #2 LSU +6.5 @ #3 Alabama
THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR IS HERE. The higher ranked Tigers are coming into T-Town as underdogs and they will look to show the nation who they truly are. This game has huge playoff implications and if LSU wins Alabama is pretty much out of the race since they have not played great this year but on the other side if LSU loses they still have a chance especially because of their very strong schedule. Heisman favorite Joe Burrow has brought offense back to LSU and they look very dangerous and very capable of beating the Crimson Tide this weekend. Alabama is only the favorite because they are at home and that is my personal opinion. This game will be a very fun one that I will be missing because I will be at work... but I can always check it on my phone haha. This is a very big game for multiple reasons but the team who has proved more this season will continue to prove who they are this weekend.
MY PICK: HOLD THAT TIGER +6.5 

GAME 8: Illinois +14.5 @ Michigan State
Last week I touched on how great Illinois has been and how their magic will run out soon... it will not run out this weekend and Michigan State will continue to blunder. At least Michigan State has their number 1 ranked basketball team who actually lost on opening night. Anyways Lovie Smith and Illinois has that juice that makes me love to watch them and I have no idea why they are 14.5 underdogs. I am continuing with the underdog love this week and take the Fighting Illini.
MY PICK: LITTYVILLE +14.5 

GAME 9: #18 Iowa @ #13 Wisconsin O/U 38.5
Most of my over/under's are close to 60 or even 70 but this Saturday showdown will show some of the best defenses in all of the nation and that is why it is so low. Both teams have lost twice but still maintain 10 points given up a game. I always pick the over and this over seems very likely to hit since the line is very low but the reason the over under is a thing is cause the under hits too.
MY PICK: SOMEWHERE UNDER THE RAINBOW 

GAME 10: North Texas +5.5 @ Louisiana Tech
I like to pick a game that has two group of five teams every week and I may not know anything about either team in the game I enjoy picking them. What I know about North Texas is they have a high powered offense with little to no defense hence the 4-5 record. On the other side La Tech has only lost once and that was to Texas week 1. La Tech is 5-3 against the spread this year but I expect them to cover this small spread at home this weekend.
MY PICK: LA TECH -5.5

Another week in the books and I am sad because the College Football season has gone by too fast and I have am going to miss it dearly but before I start crying after typing that sentence we still have a lot of football left. A huge weekend slate on the way and I am excited to watch the two biggest game on my phone while at work... Sorry Jesse I will still get my stuff done do not worry.

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19