College Football Week #13 Picks

By Colin Dixon, November 20th 2019
Picture via @CowboyFB Twitter

After another very fun weekend of football where we took a step in the right direction and I went 7-3 and I am loving the progress. Just a great weekend of football leading into a week where there is one big game and besides that it will be a slow week leading into an action packed rivalry week in week 14. But we're in week 13 and we are ready to go. Looking back at week 12 I went 7-3 and my losses came from Minnesota who was an extra point away from pushing but they shanked it when looking to come back in their upset loss to Iowa, Oklahoma came back from down 28-3 and won but they did not cover the -10.0 spread and lastly UCLA got ran by Utah and failed me there. Below are my week 13 picks and wow 13 weeks in thats crazy:

GAME 1: #8 Penn State +18.0 @ #2 Ohio State
I take Penn State any time they are on this blog, and the only couple times Ohio State appeared I picked them as well. This game is tough and I sooooo want to pick Ohio State to cover 18 but heres the thing Penn State is playing for their lives where Ohio State has some (not a lot) of lenience in this game. This will be played at the Horseshoe in Ohio and this game has so much hype but 18 is too big. If anything Ohio State wins by two touchdowns but not anymore. 18 is too easy and I know Penn State and that Wild Dawg defense is ready to go and make a statement after failing to make one a couple weeks ago against Minnesota.
MY PICK: WE ARE PENN STATE +18.0

GAME 2: #10 Minnesota -13.5 @ Northwestern
As talked about above Minnesota failed me and they blew the game and blew the push with the PAT that would've let them lose by 3 which I would have then gotten my money back. Anyways they will rebound this week especially against an awful Northwestern team who is 2-8 and gets blown out whether they are on the road or at home. Two touchdowns is not enough for this spread and it is just because of how Minnesota played last week which helps me out.
MY PICK: MINNY MADE ME DO IT -13.5

GAME 3: Illinois +16.0 @ #17 Iowa
Iowa has been the team that you play and you just do not score points but if your defense plays well enough neither do you. Illinois has had that magic rolling since their victory against Wisconsin and I have since stated that they will run out of steam at some point but I am here to say again that steam is not gone yet and will still roll this week. I see a huge upset in store and I see Illinois riding this disrespect train that people have them on. Lovie Smith has a legit team out there in Illinois so watch out.
MY PICK: LITTYVILLE +16.0

GAME 4: #21 Oklahoma State -7.0 vs West Virginia
Finally a game that is not in the BIG 10 and we can shift into the Big 12 where Heisman contender Chubba Hubbard is running over all of the Big 12 for Mike Gundy and Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State has a huge game next week but if they can stay in the now and not focus on what comes next they should roll in and out of country roads with a double digit victory. This line shocked me a ton and I am all over this line.
MY PICK: POKES -7.0 

GAME 5: Texas A&M +13.5 @ #4 Georgia
At the beginning of the year this was going to be a highly touted matchup between two top teams possibly battling for a spot in the playoff but A&M lost all their tough games and here they are facing another top tier team and this time it ends up on the road. Georgia pulled off an emotional win last week where they almost blew it in the end but this Texas A&M team has not lost its hunger and everyone has sort of written them off. They are not going to be in any fancy bowl game this year but they have the opportunity to knock Georgia off from their dreams. Dreams do not always come true.
MY PICK: AGGIE LAND +13.5 

GAME 6: #13 Michigan -10.0 @ Indiana
Yes, we are back to the BIG 10, sorry not sorry, but this is another line I am just surprised about. We got Michigan who it literally firing on all cylinders and people are starting to think they can spoil Ohio States dream season with a win at home next week but as mentioned before its week 13 and not 14. Michigan is a top tier team now with the offense that has finally showed up, and Indiana was having a fairytale like season to start but after losing to Penn State in a close one I think they are done.
MY PICK: GO BLUE -10.0 

GAME 7: Oregon State +11.5 @ Washington State
Both teams come into this matchup at 5-5 in search of a bowl birth. If Oregon State can pull off another road win they will get the first bowl birth since Mike Reilly stepped away from the program. I have been the biggest Beaver advocate all year and I will stand by that till the end of time. Washington State has a legit offense but the Beaver offense can keep up. Oregon State has beaten a majority of the teams that beat Washington State and I think this line is absurd.
MY PICK: CAN I GET A GO BEAVS? +11.5 

GAME 8: #7 Utah -22.5 @ Arizona
This will be short and simple. Arizona is bad and Utah is good. Utah lost the only time I bet on them but every time I bet against them they win. Quite the debacle I am in right? Wrong. This is easy.
MY PICK: WHAT EVEN IS A UTE? NOT SURE JUST WIN BY MORE THAN 22.5

GAME 9: Nevada +13.5 @ Fresno State
Well, this next one is personal since I have a couple buddies playing for the Fresno State Bulldogs and in fact I will be attending this game. I have only bet on one game that I attended this year and that failed so oops but I'm going for it again. I have not seen much from either team and Fresno has had a disappointing run this year but they come home and hope to get the winning ways back in their system. Nevada on the other hand is 6-4 and to be honest I thought the line would be flipped the other way especially with how Fresno has played but either way the line goes my pick is the same because of the atmosphere where the game will be played.
MY PICK: GO DAWGS -13.5 

GAME 10: San Diego State @ Hawaii O/U 49
Hawaii is favored by 3 at home and I was so confused because San Diego State is another win away from entering the rankings. But as I have mentioned you never bet against Hawaii in the islands and that is exactly why I am here to bet the over under. This seems low and it is. The reason it is low is because SDSU only gives up 15 points a game and has a legit defense, which is something Hawaii has never seen. There is no such thing as good defense in the state of Hawaii because it is lost on the long plane flight over. LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BET THE UNDER!!!!!
MY PICK: SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW 49 

Not the best slate of football but what we have is a lot of great bets. I hope to capitalize off of my big week last week and maybe move up again. Either way thanks for tuning in and GO FOOTBALL! Another off week for my Tigers so hopefully this slate full fils my Tigerless weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19