College Football week #14 Picks

By Colin Dixon, November 28th 2019
Picture Via @IlliniFootball Twitter

Rivalry week is here and I am so excited! One of the best weeks of college football every year with all the emotion and all the battles that go down in history. This set of picks comes a day later and on the great holiday of Thanksgiving and one of the things I am very thankful for is football. Last week was another great week of betting for myself and I went 7-2-1 in the picks last week. Oklahoma State won by 7 and their line was 7 so that was my push, then Fresno State blew their 14 point lead, and lastly in the Hawaii vs SDSU game it was 14-10 and the O/U was 49 so that sucked. Either way only 2 losses is great! Here is my rivalry week picks below:

GAME 1: #3 Clemson -27.5 @ South Carolina
I do not have much to say besides this means war and my Tigers will not back down from their rival that they have blasted in the past and will continue to do it this Saturday. GO TIGERS!!
MY PICK: ALL IN -27.5 

GAME 2: Northwestern +8.5 @ Illinois
Well last week Illinois magic ended but they still covered and they continue to be 7-3 against the spread. 8.5 seems way to small to me and Illinois still looks like a great team to me but on the other side Northwestern looks awful and even the positivity in the air with it being Thanksgiving the Wildcats will just be thankful if they don't lose by 20. This pick was simple and easy for me.
MY PICK: LITTYVILLE -8.5 

GAME 3: #12 Wisconsin -2.5 @ #8 Minnesota
Now this game has very big implications on the playoff and on the BIG 10 championship as the winner will go on to face Ohio State to play for a shot at the College Football Playoff. Wisconsin has a dominant running game with Jonathan Taylor at the helm while Minnesota has some of the best receivers in all of college football and it sets up quite the battle this Saturday. This game comes down to who wants it more, Wisconsin has no shot at the playoff but Minnesota has a quite the chance if they can win out. Minnesota and PJ Fleck want this win more than anything and I think since they are at home and everyone in the state of Minnesota is going to be behind them they will win and cover as the Dawg.
MY PICK: MINNY MADE ME DO IT +2.5 

GAME 4: Oregon State +19.5 @ #14 Oregon
This game would have had Playoff implications if Oregon did not scuffle last week to Arizona State but none the less the Civil War is a huge rivalry game. As someone who has grown up watching these games and someone who has been to two of these battles it is safe to say nobody is safe. Obviously the Beavers have only won once in the past 12 or so years but the Beavs are different this year and for covering purposes they cover a lot. I think Oregon has to prove something but so do the Beavs. If the Beavers want to go to a bowl game they have to go through the Mighty Ducks and honestly I think they can do it.
MY PICK: BUIILD THE DAM +19.5 

GAME 5: #16 Notre Dame -16.5 @ Stanford
This game is plain and simple for someone like myself. I saw Stanford play in person and they shocked me, but every time I see them play on TV they look awful. Last week the Cardinal lost to Cal for the first time in I think 10 years. Notre Dame is not where they wanted to be at this year but they are going to roll into Palo Alto smack Stanford and walk right into a bowl game.
MY PICK: MT IRISH BLOOD SAYS GO IRISH -16.5

GAME 6: #11 Florida -17.5 @ Florida State
In the past this was one of the biggest rivalries that meant so much to so many but now this rivalry has dropped off as it has been one sided no matter which side was more dominant the other side was just awful. The awful side this year is Florida State and the good side is Florida. Florida is fighting to be eligible for a NY6 Bowl game and they need a huge victory against the sorry Seminoles this Saturday.
MY PICK: GATOR CHOMP -17.5 

GAME 7: Arizona +13.5 @ Arizona State
At the beginning of the year I was not a believer in Arizona State and Herm Edwards but they have pulled off some crazy wins and have put together an okay season. But Arizona is okay at best and the Sun Devils are going to roll the Wildcats out of their own state. Jayden Daniels the QB for ASU has been great and he will be a fun guy to watch in the future as he is only a true freshman this year. I should know this rivalry name but I do not either way this game will not be close.
MY PICK: FORKS UP -13.5 

GAME 8: Vanderbilt +21.0 @ Tennessee
Tennessee started this year as low as anyone could have losing two games they should have won and won big. But out of nowhere they are bowl eligible and are beating teams they were not supposed to. They are supposed to smack Vandy this weekend and honestly they will because Tennessee will like to make a statement at home before they go into their bowl game.
MY PICK: ROCKY TOP -21.0 

GAME 9: Cal -1.5 vs UCLA
It is weird to me that the Cal vs Stanford game is not played in the week we call rivalry week but this game will do I guess. UCLA has turned their season that looked like it might be 0-12 to a team that is 4-7 that could easily become 5-7. Cal on the other hand is bowl eligible and they are coming off a very emotional win last weekend. I really do like UCLA but I think the Bears coming off a big win will keep that momentum rolling and will get a big win to push them to 7-5.
MY PICK: ROLL ON YOU BEARS -1.5 

GAME 10: Army vs Hawaii O/U 55
Okay, I get it I pick my over/under on Hawaii like every week. I know I know and I take the Over every single time. I will be doing the same thing again. Both teams score 30+ a game and neither defense is really that great. Therefor the over will be hit and that is that.
MY PICK: SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW +55


Popular posts from this blog

Tempers Flare In Royals vs White Sox Game: Brings Up A New Debate

Colin's Daily Picks Feb. 19